You could WIN one (1) of two (2) $5000 CAD pre-paid Gift Card Hyundai Contest (the “Contest”) OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
CONTEST ENDS AT MIDNIGHT, DECEMBER 31st, 2022.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE OR LEASING A VEHICLE WILL NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in this Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
1. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES: By completing and submitting an entry into this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: You could WIN 1 of 2 $5000 CAD pre-paid Gift Card Contest commences at 9:00:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on November 7, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest closes at 11:59:59 PM EDT (the “Contest Closing Date”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to) ways to submit an entry:
a. Approximately 20,000 emails/text invites will be sent to pre-selected participants who: (i) are part of each Sponsor opt-in list; (ii) have recently made an inquiry about a purchase or lease of a vehicle and agreed to be contacted by a participating Sponsor; or (iii) requested more information about a certain vehicle from a sale representative within the previous ninety (90) days of the Contest start date and agreed to be contacted by the participating Sponsor. Each email or text invite will contain a personal link to the Contest.
i. To enter, click on your personal link where you will be directed to the Contest entry page (“Contest Website”). Complete the on-line entry form with your full name, complete mailing address including postal code, daytime telephone number including area code; e-mail address and provide your personal answer to the mandatory survey question(s). Check the box to confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your respective province of residence and that you have read the Official Rules of the Contest and agree to abide by the Official Rules.
ii. Optional: Check the box if you would like to continue receiving updates and news including exclusive offers, product releases, vehicle highlights, events and more by email from your participating Sponsor. (IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not necessary to opt-in to receive promotional communications from your Sponsor, and doing so will not increase or otherwise impact your chances of winning in this Contest. You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from your Sponsor at any time without impacting your chances of winning in this Contest).
iii. Select “Submit” to submit your completed Entry Form (the “Entry”). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
iv. Upon receipt of an Entry you will receive a “Thank you for entering” message. Your personal information that you provided will only be used for the administration of this Contest unless you opted in to continue receiving future communication from your Sponsor. If you selected “interested in a purchase” you will be contacted by the Contest Administrator on behalf of your Sponsor to set up an appointment with a sale representative to further discuss your interest in a vehicle from your Sponsor. Please refer to your Sponsor privacy policies (see Appendix “A” below). No entries will be accepted by any other means. Note: The email or text link will no longer be valid once the Contest has closed.
b. HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT REGISTERING ONLINE OR AT A PARTICIPATING DEALERSHIP. Alternatively, to enter, hand print your first name, last name, valid telephone number, valid email address and complete mailing address (including postal code), month and year of birth on a plain white piece of paper and in a minimum of 50 English words or more a unique and original essay telling us “What is intriguing about the Hyundai $5000 Gift Card Contest” and mail all (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) to: 2022 Hyundai, c/o RMN, 1349 Sandhill Dr, Unit 201, Ancaster, ON L9G4V5. (the “No Purchase Entry Request”). Upon receipt of your No Purchase Entry Request in accordance with these Rules, you will be eligible to receive one (1) Entry in the Contest. To be eligible, a No Purchase Entry Request must: (i) be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple No Purchase Entry Requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked during the Contest Period and received on or before January 12, 2023. No duplicates or photocopies or hand typed No Purchase Entry Requests will be accepted. The Released Parties (as defined below in Rule 6) do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete No Purchase Entry Requests (all of which are void).
5. ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period regardless of the method of entry or the number of invites you may have received. For clarity a person can only use one email account to enter the Contest regardless if you received two or more emails or text invites from one or more of the Sponsors. All personal information provided must be truthful and accurate. If it is discovered by the Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsors) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) entry (regardless of the method of entry); (ii) and/or use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple e-mail addresses, or any other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors) the entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries and/or other information (all of which is void).
6. VERIFICATION: All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsors interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsors within the timeline specified by the Sponsors may result in disqualification of the entrant and his/her entry in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors. Proof of transmission (post-marks, screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of a submission or of attempted submission of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest computers or Sponsors. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the Contest Administrator.
7. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be two (2) prizes (the “Prize”) available to be won amongst all of the Sponsors during the Contest Period. The Prize consists of two (2) $5000 CAD pre-paid Gift Card from a major credit card company as selected by the Prize Supplier in its sole and absolute discretion. The pre-paid gift card is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. If a purchase exceeds the value of the pre-paid gift card, the winner will be responsible for any amount due which is over the value of the pre-paid gift card (or the available balance at the time of purchase) (including applicable taxes). If any purchase does not exceed the pre- paid gift card value, the remaining available balance will not be paid in cash to the winner but will remain on the pre-paid gift card. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. No substitutions are permitted except at Sponsor’s option and/or Prize Supplier option. The Sponsors and Prize Supplier reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with an item or items of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsors and/or Prize Supplier sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. By accepting the Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if his/her Prize does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. The confirmed winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Sponsors or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fails to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsors and all of the other Released Parties if his/her Prize does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
8. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: A random draw will be held in Ancaster, ON at approximately 3:00 PM EDT on January 15, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) amongst all eligible entriessubmitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
9. ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCEDURES: A designated representative of the Contest Administrator will attempt to contact the selected entrant by email or telephone within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date. The designated representative from the Contest Administrator office will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact the selected entrant. After three (3) unsuccessful attempts by email or telephone to contact the selected entrant, the Contest Administrator will select an alternate eligible entrant from the remaining eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Period. If the Contest Administrator attempts to reach a selected entrant by telephone, calls will be made between 9:00 AM (EDT) and 7:00 PM (EDT) Monday to Friday. No voice messages will be left if the call is not answered. The above process will be repeated until such time as contact is made with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries remaining. The Released Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact an eligible winner. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date or three (3) attempts by email or telephone whichever occurs first, or if the telephone number is no longer valid or if the email is returned; then the selected entrant will, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR AND/OR THE SPONSORS OFFICIALLY CONFIRM HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Administrator and Sponsors, be administered by e-mail or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsors declaration and release form); and (b) print, sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsors declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city/province), voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet (including, but not limited to, any social media platforms). If the eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill- testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sponsors declaration and release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsors and/or Contest Administrator in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsors and Contest Administrator reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
- All entries become the property of the Sponsors. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsors with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSORS TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSORS INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSORS AT ANY TIME.
- The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the entry platform(s) and/or Website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the individual identified on the Entry and is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and telephone number provided at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an e-mail address or telephone number by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or telephone number. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address and/or telephone number associated with the entry in question.
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsors, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsors; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, the Sponsors or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.Prize may not be exactly as shown.